Course Update: Master 3D Sculpting in Blender
We added the third full chapter of the "Epic Creature" sculpting exercise, with 21 new videos and a running time of ~3.5 hours, to our Master 3D Sculpting in Blender course.
In this new chapter, you will learn how to texture the creature. We will UV unwrap the model, bake different texture maps, texture paint the base color and add fine details to the skin in the shader editor.
Additionally, we will make use of UDIMs to increase the texture resolution and create semi-realistic eyes for the creature.
Here are the newlessons of chapter 10:
- 10.1 - Chapter Introduction
- 10.2 - Retopology using Bsurfaces
- 10.3 - Retopology Tips
- 10.4 - UV Unwrapping Workflow
- 10.5 - UV Unwrapping the Creature
- 10.6 - UV Packing and UDIMs
- 10.7 - Baking Preparations
- 10.8 - Normal Map Baking
- 10.9 - Displacement Map Baking
- 10.10 - Curvature Map Baking
- 10.11 - Texture Painting Workflow
- 10.12 - Painting Color Map - Part 1
- 10.13 - Painting Color Map - Part 2
- 10.14 - Color Details - Part 1
- 10.15 - Color Details - Part 2
- 10.16 - Emission Details
- 10.17 - Roughness Map
- 10.18 - Bump Map
- 10.19 - Subsurface Scattering
- 10.20 - Eyes - Part 1
- 10.21 - Eyes - Part 2
We also Updatedthe Download Section of the course, where the new chapter is now included:
Next we will work on the "Epic Creature Presentation" chapter, where you will learn how to add a simple rig to the creature, and create some nice renders. We don't have a release date yet, but it will be at some point in 2022. Stay tuned!